The Johannesburg balustrade manufacturer that’s stood the test of time with it’s cutting edge technology and ingenious designs that are safe above all, has appointed a new CEO to take the company to new heights in design and compliance.
We share with you our loyal supporters, a letter from the Founder – Rob Blackbeard:
“I want to use this opportunity to thank you personally, and on behalf of Steel Studio, for your loyal support and business over the last two decades. It has been a great pleasure to walk this journey with you.
Approximately 3 years ago I decided I would like to relocate to Australia. With that in mind, I started looking for suitable investors to take over the company. As you can understand, the wellbeing of both the staff and customers I leave behind were a very important consideration for me in selecting suitable investors. Towards the end of last year, I managed to conclude a deal where I sold 90% of my interest in Steel Studio to a consortium of investors. The remaining 10% of my shareholding was transferred to the executive directors in the business as a reward for their loyal service over many years, and to ensure their continued commitment to the business.
The transition to new management started early this year and has gone very smoothly, and the future looks exciting. After an initial handover period, Andre Ribbens has been formally appointed as the new full-time CEO of Steel Studio. Andre comes with a wealth of knowledge and experience, having been at Rand Merchant Bank for the past 23 years. Andre is also the largest shareholder in the consortium that bought Steel Studio at the end of last year and he is clearly motivated and incentivized to make sure that Steel Studio remains the leader in the balustrade industry.
I am still heavily invested in the business through an earn-out structure to ensure the new shareholders get the value they paid for. My last day of formal employment with Steel Studio will be the end of November 2018 where after I will remain involved with the business as an advisor and mentor to Andre
personally and also to the broader management of Steel Studio. I am still in South Africa until April 2019, and will gladly still visit clients or sites if required.
I am 100% confident that the service and quality we have always strived for at Steel Studio, will remain unchanged.
I will miss you.
With this next phase for the best balustrade manufacturer in Jhb, we welcome Andre Ribbens to the Steel Studio family and wish him all the best with taking Steel Studio to the next level.